Systemmodul til enterprise IoT og embedded devices
Baseret på Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 platformen lancerer VIA et højt integreret system-on-modul (SOM) til udvikling af enterprise IoT og embedded devices (in english).VIA Technologies has announced the launch of the VIA SOM-9X20 system-on-module (SoM) powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 embedded platform, a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated.
The VIA SOM-9X20 is an ultra-compact SoM that harnesses the leading-edge performance and low power consumption of the Snapdragon 820 embedded platform to provide a highly-flexible solution for enabling the rapid development of a variety of Enterprise IoT and embedded system applications ranging from human-machine interface (HMI), surveillance, and digital signage to robotics, cameras, and video conferencing.
- Combining cutting-edge computing, graphics, and video capabilities with advanced wireless connectivity and low power consumption, the Snapdragon 820 meets the exacting performance and power efficiency requirements of next-generation Enterprise IoT and embedded devices, says Richard Brown, Vice-President of International Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc.
- The VIA SOM-9X20 is designed to enable our customers to accelerate the development of groundbreaking new products with stunning 4K video capabilities for rapidly-emerging applications such as machine intelligence, computer vision, and Augmented and Virtual Reality.
- The Snapdragon 820 embedded platform provides the performance, energy efficiency, and connectivity required in cutting-edge Enterprise IoT devices, adds Jeffery Torrance, vice president, business development, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- We are delighted that VIA is making the power of Snapdragon available in an ultra-compact SoM that will help developers quickly create new and exciting commercial IoT systems, scenarios, and use cases.
The Snapdragon 820 processor includes the following features:
• Qualcomm Kryo CPU: Designed to deliver maximum performance and low power consumption, Kryo is Qualcomm Technologies’ first custom 64-bit quad-core CPU, manufactured in advanced 14nm FinFET LPP process
• Qualcomm Adreno 530 GPU: Up to 40% better graphics and compute performance for improved visual fidelity while reducing power consumption than previous generations
• Qualcomm Spectra 14-bit dual image signal processors (ISPs) engineered to deliver high resolution DSLR-quality images using heterogeneous compute for advanced processing and additional power savings, supports up to 28MP sensors with zero shutter lag
• Qualcomm Hexagon 680 DSP includes Hexagon Vector eXtensions (HVX) and Sensor Core with Low Power Island for constant sensor processing
The VIA SOM-9X20 is measuring a mere 8.2cm x 4.5cm, the module features 64GB eMMC Flash memory and 4GB LPDDR4 SDRAM onboard and offers rich I/O and display expansion options through its MXM 3.0 314-pin connector, including USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI 2.0, SDIO, PCIe, MIPI CSI, MIPI DSI, and multi-function pins for UART, I2C, SPI, and GPIO.
The VIA SOM-9X20 module also provides a full set of advanced wireless connectivity features including GPS, BT 4.1, and Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac through an integrated combo module featuring two antenna connectors. A multi-I/O evaluation carrier board is available to accelerate system development. Customers can also utilize VIA’s extensive technical support and design assistance services to develop a custom baseboard.
The VIA SOM-9X20 comes with a BSP that features Android 7.1.1 as well as the VIA Smart ETK (Embedded Tool Kit) comprising a number of APIs, including Watchdog Timer (WDT) for safeguarding against system crashes, GPIO access, RTC for auto-power on, and a sample app.
A full set of hardware and software customization services that speed up time to commercialization and minimize development costs is available. A full turnkey development service can also be provided for interested customers.