Farnell udvider med produkter til industriel automation fra Control Techniques
Farnell kan nu levere Control Techniques' program af drev til motorer med variabel hastighed, højkvalitets motorer samt gearkasser (in english).
Farnell has increased its comprehensive industrial automation product portfolio to include a best-in-class range of variable speed drives, high quality motors and gearboxes from Control Techniques. The Commander C200 and C300 variable speed AC drives are the ideal solutions for most industrial factory automation applications which demand efficiency.
The Control Techniques range of high-performance servo motors and precision gearboxes can be easily integrated into motor-controlled applications during the design phase. Common applications that require positioning or control by a motor include printing, packaging and machine tools such as gantries, injection-molding machines, pick and place automation, and linear motion systems.
Control Techniques, a Nidec company, is a leading brand in the drive technology market and innovator in the field of industrial automation. Control Techniques is renowned for offering high performance, high reliability and energy efficient products that enable customers to develop cost-effective manufacturing solutions. Electronic design and industrial automation engineers, particularly those working in the maintenance, repairs and operations (MRO) market, will benefit greatly from Control Techniques’ five-year warranty in addition to fast delivery and 24/5 technical support offered by Farnell.
The range of drives, motors and gearboxes by Control Techniques now available from Farnell include:
- The Commander C200 and C300 AC Drives are best-in-class and suitable for most factory automation applications. Quick deployment is enabled due to easy integration with communication protocols that are common in these environments. Variable speed drives enable motors to run at the optimum speed, reducing energy consumption by up to 30-50 percent (depending upon the application).
An integrated SI interface enables simple and flexible system connectivity to industry standard fieldbuses and ethernet and extended I/O options are also available. An onboard PLC and enhanced functionality including remote diagnostics, reduces total system cost. Both drives now also come with the ability to extend the product warranty from two to five years at no extra cost, reflecting the products’ exceptional track record for reliability and durability.
- The Unidrive M200 and M300 general purpose drives, launched in 2013, which support Control Techniques’ large existing install base predominantly in Europe.
- The Unimotor HD servo motor is a high dynamic brushless AC servo motor widely used in industrial automation to provide accurate angular control. This high peak torque, low inertia motor is designed for high dynamic applications requiring hard accelerations and decelerations.
- The VRL 090 Abel reducer is a compact and cost-effective high precision gearbox. The inline gearhead has industry standard mounting dimensions and thread-in mounting style. Gear reducers are an essential part of mechanical power transmission systems being used for speed and torque conversion.
Simon Meadmore, Global Head of IP&E at Farnell, explains:
- Variable speed drives, motors and gearboxes are some of the most in-demand products offered by Control Techniques and are a valuable addition to Farnell’s industrial automation product portfolio. We are committed to establishing new relationships with market leading suppliers to ensure our industrial automation customers have access to the best-in-class products and design-in solutions available at the most competitive prices. Control Techniques also offers a standard five-year warranty on all parts providing reassurance to customers with smaller production facilities or tight product development budgets who are seeking to automate their facilities.
Steve Lambert, UK Sales & Distribution Manager at Control Techniques, adds:
- We are delighted to partner with Farnell, for our key technology platforms as they invest and expand further into the industrial and automation sectors. We are excited by this opportunity, not only in the UK but across Europe, with Farnell and the business opportunities we can win together moving forward.