NXP og Kontron samarbejder om edge computing platforme i industrielle IoT-løsninger
NXP Semiconductors og Kontron vil samarbejde om koble ekspertise om NXP's i.MX og Layerscape familie af ARM-baserede processorer med Kontron's omfattende hardware/software-ekspertise (in english).NXP Semiconductors and Kontron, part of technology group S&T, has announced their collaboration to couple NXP's i.MX and Layerscape families of Arm-based processors with Kontron/S&T's expertise in hardware and software to create Industry 4.0 solutions.
The products will leverage Microsoft Azure IoT and Time Sensitive Networking (TSN) technologies to meet the needs of next-generation Industrial IoT implementations for cloud, edge computing and factory floor innovations.
New Industry 4.0 solutions include Kontron's i.MX 8-based SMARC 2.0 and Q7 computer-on-modules. Additionally, Kontron plans to launch modules with Layerscape SoCs including LS1028 to support its own Industry 4.0 edge gateways as well as designs by Kontron customers later in 2018.
- With these computer-on-module (COM) and edge gateway solutions, Kontron accelerates customers' prototyping and time-to-market for projects using NXP's newest technologies, says Laurent Remont, CTO of Kontron and S&T.
- Partnering with NXP in the early stage of product development allows us to provide exceptional technology for innovative IoT and edge computing solutions.
Kontron has over 30 years of experience in developing industrial PCs, gateways and servers as well as computing modules and VME/VPX embedded boards and systems. The company uniquely offers the software integration services to enable the Industrial IoT with pre-integrated solutions for IoT and embedded applications as a one-stop shop. Kontron also empowers OEMs and developers to leverage the computing framework of Microsoft Azure IoT Edge to create and deploy applications for on-premise embedded cloud applications from edge to fog to cloud.
- NXP technology coupled with Kontron/S&Ts hardware and software expertise leverages the strength of both companies to reduce time-to-market for our common customers, says Tareq Bustami, Senior Vice President of Digital Networking at NXP.
- We are pleased to work with Kontron to accelerate the realization of this next-generation of technology.
NXP is a leading provider of embedded technology serving customers across a broad spectrum of markets. The company's comprehensive and scalable portfolio of Arm-based processors are designed to ease development and deployment of intelligence on the edge suitable for Industry 4.0 and IoT applications. In addition to its extensive experience and expertise in connected industrial applications and security, NXP also offers a robust product longevity program to help ensure a stable supply for a minimum of 10 to 15 years from product launch. Participating products are supported by standard end-of-life notification policies.
- Industry 4.0 solutions require more intelligence and efficiency at the edge, and Arm-based SoCs, such as the i.MX and Layerscape families from NXP, are designed to deliver better power and performance efficiency for these applications, explains Drew Henry, senior vice president and general manager, Infrastructure Line of Business, Arm.
- Enabling Industry 4.0 stakeholders with this innovative technology integrated into system level solutions from leading suppliers such as Kontron will accelerate the realization of this vision.