Banebrydende systemdesign med AI-drevet optimering
Cadence sigter på at revolutionere elektronik-systemdesign med 'Optimality Explorer', der understøtter AI-drevet optimering (in english).Cadence Design Systems has announced the Cadence Optimality Intelligent System Explorer, which enables multi-disciplinary analysis and optimization (MDAO) realization of electronic systems.
After revolutionizing simulation and delivering several products with breakthrough performance and accuracy, Cadence has focused on optimization, first introducing the disruptive Cadence Cerebrus Intelligent Chip Explorer, and now Optimality Explorer.
Leveraging similar AI technology as used in Cadence Cerebrus to yield groundbreaking results, Optimality Explorer delivers optimized designs on average 10X faster than traditional manual methods, with up to a 100X speedup realized on some designs. Optimality Explorer further extends Cadence’s system analysis leadership by delivering to market an industry first: an AI-driven, MDAO-enabled in-design multiphysics system analysis solution.
Cadence’s Clarity 3D Solver for 3D electromagnetic (EM) analysis and Sigrity X technologies for high-speed signal integrity (SI) and power integrity (PI) analyses are the first Cadence multiphysics system analysis software products to embrace Optimality Explorer. With Optimality Explorer, Clarity and Sigrity X solvers can significantly improve designers’ productivity and efficiency by enabling design teams to explore the entire design space and quickly and efficiently converge on the optimal design.
Optimality Intelligent System Explorer delivers the following benefits:
- Design insight: Enables designers to quickly determine optimum electrical performance, avoiding suboptimal local minima and maxima, while mapping variations for additional consideration and exploration of the complete design space
- Improved productivity: Empowers design engineers and teams to efficiently achieve optimized system-level designs, improving productivity by 10X on average when compared to manual, brute-force parametric table studies, with up to a 100X speedup realized on some designs
- Easy-to-use interface: Flexible use model allows customers to activate Optimality Explorer from the Clarity and Sigrity X environments for fast invocation of MDAO
- Extensible solution: Allows customers to extend AI-driven optimization across Cadence’s multiphysics technologies to create a comprehensive computational software solution spanning simulation, optimization and signoff
- For years, optimization at the system level has been extremely inefficient based on a human-intensive workflow of design/prototype/test/refine and eventual manufacturing, explains Ben Gu, vice president of R&D for the Multiphysics System Analysis Business Unit at Cadence.
- With Optimality Explorer’s MDAO capability, it’s now possible to perform system-level optimization, from the IC to the package, the PCB and the system, in a fraction of the time and with Cadence’s signature gold-standard accuracy.