SmartFusion2 maker board fra Digi-Key
Digi-Key kan på eksklusiv basis nu tilbyde et Microsemi SmartFusion2 maker board (in english).Microsemi has teamed up with Digi-Key Electronics, a global electronic components distributor, to provide the SmartFusion2 system-on-chip (SoC) field programmable gate array (FPGA) maker board exclusively to Digi-Key’s global customer base. This low-cost evaluation platform lowers the barrier for hardware and firmware engineers to develop embedded applications for the ARM Cortex-M3 and 12K logic elements (LE) FPGA fabric in the SmartFusion2 device. Contents include the new SmartFusion2 board, a USB cable to provide power, programming and communication, and a QuickStart Guide.
The board is an ideal platform to jumpstart designs using the Microsemi SmartFusion2 SoC FPGA. This device family offers more resources in low density FPGAs all while delivering the lowest power, proven security and single event upset (SEU) FPGA configuration immunity. The key features of the SmartFusion2-010 SoC FPGA are an ARM Cortex-M3 processor, GigE MAC, USB OTG, built in DDR2/3 controller, numerous other peripherals, 12K FPGA LEs and the highest levels of security to protect customers’ IP. The board also features a 1000BASE-T PHY and connector, two unpopulated interfaces for the ESP32 and the ESP8266 (not included), USB connectivity and more.
- Microsemi is excited to work with Digi-Key in offering the SmartFusion2 maker board. We believe Digi-Key’s broad customer base will benefit from this low-cost platform for a wide variety of applications, says Phil Sansone, vice president of global distribution sales at Microsemi.
The board is the lowest cost evaluation board which enables firmware and design engineers to leverage the power of Microsemi’s SmartFusion2 architecture. The board itself is ideal to prototype applications such as internet of things gateway, medical instruments, hand held industrial/test products, motor control, secure connectivity designs, etc.
The SmartFusion2 maker board (M2S010-MKR-KIT) includes the following features:
• The SmartFusion2 M2S010 SoC FPGA
• The 10/100/1000BASE-T VSC8541 PHY
• Wurth Electronics RJ45 7499111221A
• Ambient light sensor
• 16 Mbit SPI Flash
• Eight user LEDs
• USB integrated FlashPro5 programming hardware
• Connector for ESP8266 (not included)
• Laid out footprint for ESP32 (not included)
• USB port for UART communications
• LX7167A powering the board
• 50 MHz clock source
• 2 user pushbuttons
- This new SmartFusion2 evaluation board is an excellent fit for the greater engineering community, says David Stein, VP, Global Semiconductor at Digi-Key.
- It’s a powerful, versatile, integrated platform, all at a great value for anyone looking for an introduction to a SmartFusion2 system with Wi-Fi and Ethernet. Digi-Key is pleased to support Microsemi’s launch of this low-cost board as it offers our customers a new valuable evaluation platform in FPGA development.
For more information about the Digi-Key SmartFusion2 Maker Board, including user’s guides, tutorials, and design examples see here.