Platform til opbygning af mobile medico- og health-applikationer
Firmaet LifeSignal præsenterer en ny type trådløse biosensor-platform, der sigter mod brug i wearables, der kan håndtere livskritisk medico- og healthcare monitorering (in english).The 'Life Signal Product' platform, the world’s first family of semiconductor chips optimized for mobile and wearable applications in medical and health monitoring for life-critical applications, has been introducedy by LifeSignals Inc.. The product family was developed and industrialized in conjunction with STMicroelectronics and 3M to meet the stringent needs of the medical market.
- The medical world is in desperate need of clinical-grade disposable and reusable wearables for a variety of markets ranging from human monitoring applications such as in-hospital patient monitoring, remote health monitoring, wellness, fitness, worker safety, and senior care, to veterinary healthcare such as pet, equine and livestock monitoring, says Surendar Magar, LifeSignals CEO and Founder.
- We are answering that need. We believe the Life Signal Processor Product family will become a cornerstone of an emerging 'Internet of Lives' – serving billions and billions of bodies generating billions and billions of bits of life-changing valuable information every second of every day.
The LSP family currently consists of two silicon devices and developer support items:
- LC1100 Life Signal Processor, a single-chip solution for disposable clinical-grade biosensor patches – The core chip of the product family, the LC1100 enables the creation of low-cost, low-power wireless biosensor patches, smart clothing and other wearable devices that can continuously capture multi-parameter life signals with clinical accuracy. The LC1100 can communicate that resulting data to monitoring devices, smartphones, tablets and the cloud, continuously operating for days with only coin cell batteries.
- LC5500 UWB, a companion receiver chip – A receiver chip that is optionally used in mobile and certain fixed receiver devices. The LSP chipset’s hybrid radio (featuring Wi-Fi, Ultra-Wideband and Medical-Band standards) was invented to deliver wire-grade connectivity across multiple parallel wireless channels when multiple subjects are being monitored wearing LSP-based biosensors.
- Developer Support Items for OEMs – The LSP family is supported by a full suite of hardware and software development tools, including a development board and a software development kit (SDK) for customers to design desired customized devices based on LSP. In addition, production-ready reference designs are available for multiple product types – including patches, smart clothing-based designs, receiver devices, etc. Various apps are available for iOS and Android devices.
The LSP product family was developed in collaboration with two major strategic partners. Innovation giant 3M provided key inputs and vital resources to verify the applicability of LSP technology. Semiconductor leader STMicroelectronics provided resources for silicon development, manufacturing and quality assurance for high volume production of LSP devices.
- We are excited to further apply 3M science to advance connectivity while improving patient outcomes, says Cindy Kent, President and General Manager of 3M Infection Prevention Division.
- We have been working with LifeSignals to industrialize their innovative multi-radio architecture and bring it to market in high volumes while meeting clinical-grade requirements. The LSP is the perfect example of the benefits delivered by the complex combination of ultra-low-power wireless connectivity, highly accurate sensor interfaces, advanced analog features, and an ultra-efficient processing platform, adds Benedetto Vigna, President of Analog, MEMS and Sensors Group, STMicroelectronics.