Renesas Synergy platform udvides med certificeringspakker til industriel automation
Renesas annoncerer tilgængeligheden af nye certificeringspakker til Renesas Synergy S7G2, S5D9 og S3A7 microcontrollerne (in english).Renesas Electronics Europe has announced the availability of certification packages for the Renesas Synergy S7G2, S5D9, and S3A7 microcontroller (MCU) Groups. The certification packages offer seamless integration into safety applications and reduce system development time by up to six months while minimizing risk for the customer’s system certification process.
Each MCU group certification package includes a bundled diagnostic software library and safety documentation with certification packs from Express Logic for ThreadX RTOS, the X-Ware middleware NetX Duo TCP/IP network stack, and FileX file system – all certified and compliant to the functional safety standard IEC61508.
With Industry 4.0’s growing demand for intelligent and flexible production clusters, more and more autonomous systems in decentralized real-time production environments are requiring built-in safety functionality. Installing built-in safety ensures safe human-machine collaborations and reduces physical safety barriers like safety locks or safety fences, but it increases the number of functional safety-related applications, and requires compliance to industry standards.
To conform to functional safety requirements, system manufacturers need to implement a variety of self-tests, not just at the system level, but also down to the device level. Implementing these tests and obtaining detailed safety information from the device manufacturer is a significant effort, enabling faster time-to-market. Renesas' safety certification packages for its Synergy MCU Groups help to reduce this effort.
Key features of the new certification packages:
• MCU certification pack
• Diagnostic software library: a self-test software library for the CPU core, RAM, flash ROM, and configuration software for several peripherals (CAC configuration, IWDT management, LVD configuration, ADC12 comparator, TSN management) including a user guide describing the library
• Safety manual: contains the results from a comprehensive analysis based on each function part of the MCU, and all relevant information and procedures related to functional safety
• Safety application note: comprehensive document that provides guidelines how to use and configure the hardware modules of the related MCU within a functional safety context
• Express Logic certification packs
• ThreadX RTOS, NetX Duo, FileX: certification pack includes complete testing and documented results for all ThreadX services, and describes process and design methodology; includes test source code of all tests, and test results; also includes plan for tool usage, unit and integration test reports, requirements for trace matrix, and a safety manual