RISC-V til VxWorks realtime operativsystemet
Wind River annoncerer, at firmaets VxWorks realtime operativsystem nu understøtter RISC-V arkitekturen (in english).Wind River has announced RISC-V open architecture support for its industry-leading VxWorks® real-time operating system (RTOS). VxWorks is the most widely deployed commercial RTOS to have support for the RISC-V open hardware instruction set architecture (ISA). The company has also joined the RISC-V Foundation, a non-profit consortium chartered to standardize, protect, and promote RISC-V ISA together with its hardware and software ecosystem for use in all computing devices.
Adding RISC-V support for VxWorks comes on the heels of the recent wave of innovations made to the RTOS, making it the first to include support for C++17, Boost, Python, and the Rust collection of technologies.
- We are pleased to welcome Wind River into the RISC-V Foundation and our global ecosystem, says Calista Redmond, CEO of the RISC-V Foundation.
- VxWorks significantly extends the reach of RISC-V in the embedded developer space. We look forward to continued software developments by Wind River and the RISC-V community.
- It’s exciting to see RISC-V gain significant industry traction as it brings the dynamism of open architecture development to hardware, adds Michel Genard, vice president of product at Wind River.
- Wind River is very pleased to continue innovating VxWorks while contributing to the success of RISC-V with collaborations like the ones we have with SiFive and MicroChip providing support for their Unleashed and PolarFire® SoC FPGA boards.
- Having VxWorks support for our RISC-V-based PolarFire SoC FPGA family brings an extremely compelling offering to embedded systems designers who increasingly need real-time, and Linux capable solutions that are low power, thermally efficient, and secure, says Shakeel Peera, associate vice president, marketing, FPGA business unit at Microchip.
- Our partnership with Wind River is an important one as we work together to advance the collaborative RISC-V ecosystem and community.
- The adoption of RISC-V by Wind River in VxWorks is a great step in the ongoing enablement of the RISC-V ecosystem, says Dr. Naveed Sherwani, president and CEO of SiFive.
- The ability to run VxWorks on SiFive Core IP and devices will enable new application markets across the world.