Sikkerhedskritisk software til Andes RISC-V med ny integreret værktøjs-suite
Andes Technology samarbejder med LDRA om integreret værktøjs-suite til sikkerhedskritisk software, der kan afvikles på Andes RISC-V CPU løsninger (in english).
Andes Technology, a leading supplier of high efficiency, low-power 32/64-bit RISC-V processor cores and founding premier member of RISC-V International, today announced the integration of AndeSight IDE with LDRA tool suite.
The integration with LDRA’s comprehensive set of software standards compliance, testing, and verification tools helps developers to develop and manage applications in increasingly complex and safety-critical industries such as aerospace, automotive, railway, industrial, and medical on Andes RISC-V CPU solutions. This compliance results in safer, more secure, more efficient, and more capable software.
As part of the integration, the LDRA tool suite, along with the eclipse plugin, hooks into the AndeSight integrated development environment (IDE) to allow compilation, linking, programming, and execution in the AndeSight environments.
The LDRA tool suite offers the built-in import capability to reduce the static analysis efforts of AndeSight project files via included paths, macros, and other settings. In addition, the LDRA tool suite performs dynamic analysis on simulator targets within the AndeSight IDE or on the AndeShape evaluation boards. This allows users to perform system and unit tests using the already available Andes infrastructure to provide a head start to developers.
The integration with the LDRA tool suite provides the following additional features to the AndeSight IDE:
- Source code static analysis
- Software dynamic analysis, including modified condition/decision coverage (MC/DC) on the host and target
- Software unit/integration testing on the host and target
- Improved code quality, safety, and security
- Reduced testing time and cost
LDRA Tool Suite Meets TÜV Certification
Functional safety standards consider the increasing use of tools for software application development and explicitly require such tools to be qualified. TÜV SÜD examined the quality and compliance of the software development processes and functional safety management of the LDRA tools to the given standards. TÜV assessed the suitability of the LDRA tools and associated user documentation as capable of supporting developers in safety-critical industries to achieve certification.
AndesCore N25F-SE Processor, the World First RISC-V CPU IP with ISO 26262 Full Compliance
The AndesCore N25F-SE is a safety-enhanced 32-bit RISC-V CPU core and is certified to be fully compliant with ISO 26262 ASIL B (Automotive Safety Integrity Level B) functional safety standards, including Parts 2, 4, 5, 8, and 9, for the development of automotive applications.
The N25F-SE inherits the compact and performant design of the popular N25F. It supports standard IMACFD extensions including efficient integer and floating-point instructions and incorporates the Andes V5 extension instructions to further boost performance and reduce code size.
To fully utilize the capabilities of the AndesCore, the AndeSight IDE provides a comprehensive software solution that helps optimize code speed and code size and simplifies the development process by providing application development, debugging, analysis, compute libraries, OS awareness, and multicore development to developers.
- AndesCore N25F-SE ASIL B certified processor brings unique and competitive value to our RISC-V customers, says Warren Chen, Senior Technical Marketing Manager, Andes Technology.
- The exciting partnership with LDRA enables us to bring versatile solutions to the developers for safety-critical applications. We welcome the benefits the LDRA tool suite brings to the RISC-V community in accelerating the functional safety applications development.
- Designers are currently moving toward real implementations of their RISC-V-based designs within multiple safety-critical industries, says Ian Hennell, Operations Director, LDRA.
- As the focus shifts to a software-driven architecture supported by top-notch analysis tools, the RISC-V software efforts require more than just enabling the existing architecture. With our integration with Andes Technology, developers can meet these requirements while making sure their software is safe and security-driven.