KIOXIA er klar med UFS Ver. 3.1 embedded flash memory devices
Med sigte på bl.a. 5G applikationer kan KIOXIA nu tilbyde Universal Flash Storage (UFS) Ver. 3.1 embedded flash memory devices (in english).Further cementing its position as a leading provider of storage for next-gen mobile devices, KIOXIA Europe GmbH (formerly Toshiba Memory Europe) today announced that it has started sampling Universal Flash Storage (UFS) Ver. 3.1 embedded flash memory devices. Well suited for mobile applications including 5G networks requiring high-performance with low power consumption, the new line - up utilizes KIOXIA’s cutting-edge BiCS FLASH 3D flash memory and is supported in four capacities: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1 TB.
The new devices integrate BiCS FLASH 3D flash memory and a controller in a JEDEC-standard 11.5 mm x 13 .0 mm package. The controller performs error correction, wear leveling, logical-to-physical address translation, and bad-block management for simplified system development.
The newest offerings enable next-gen mobile devices to take full advantage of the connectivity benefits of 5G , leading to faster download and reduced lag time. As a result mobile customers benefit from the improved user experience of their mobile device.
- KIOXIA stays at the forefront of UFS memory development. With UFS, first introduced by us in 2013 and UFS ver. 3.0 last yearthe presentation of UFS 3.1. today , highlights KIOXIA’s dedication to advancement and innovation further , says Axel Störman Vice President for Memory Marketing & Engineering, KIOXIA Europe Gmbh.
All four devices include the following features:
- WriteBooster, which enables significantly faster write speeds by approximately 2 to 3 times than the normal write performance.
- Sequential Read performance: Improved by approximately 30% over KIOXIA’S existing Ver. 3.0 product.
- Host Performance Booster (HPB) Ver. 1.0 (defined as an extension spec): Improves random read performance by utilizing the host side memory.
- UFS- DeepSleep Power Mode: Achieves power consumption reduction in sleep mode compared to the existing UFS-Sleep Power Mode.
- Performance Throttling Event Notification: The UFS may throttle performance if the internal temperature reaches its upper limit, to avoid overheating and damage to the internal device circuits.