DC/DC-konvertere til USB-PD applikationer
Silanna Semiconductor lancerer familie af højeffektive DC/DC-konvertere, der tilbyder markante størrelses- og kostmæssige reduktioner i forhold til eksisterende løsninger på markedet (in english).
Silanna Semiconductor has launched a new family of wide voltage, high-frequency point of load converters targeting USB-PD applications. Silanna Semiconductor focuses on ultimate Power Management challenges with best in class power density and efficiency performance that delights customers with unprecedented BoM savings.
SZPL3102A/3103A family of two DC-DC converters (Buck Regulators) operate up to 2MHz. Delivering industry leading wide input and output range converters that support up to 24VDC input in a tiny 3mm X 3mm QFN.
Tim Wilhelm, Director of Marketing, explains:
- Higher switching frequency means a smaller, lower cost output filter that has delighted the clients we have sampled. The SZPL3102/3103 have ground-breaking efficiencies in the smallest size and weight designs. Our support tools give customers the flexibility and confidence to quickly increase the performance efficiency which ultimately increases the power density in their designs approaching 12% of the volume required by low-frequency competitive solutions. The SZPL3102/3103 significantly reduce BOM cost, design cycles and time to market.
The SZPL3102A and SZPL3103A have unique features that optimize their performance in USB port power supply applications. Extremely low operating power dissipation enables very low no-load power that is an important specification for regulatory certification. Furthermore, the SZPL3102A contains a momentary internal feedback path that allows for clean and well controlled start-up operation until external USB-PD controllers can bias themselves and take over control of the output voltage.
- At Silanna Semiconductor we have the mantra ‘Power Management Re-Imagined’ and this family of DC/DC convertors is one more example, we approached the size cost challenge completely differently than our competitors, says Mark Drucker, CEO of Silanna Semiconductor.
- Our design team increased the frequency to 2MHz and maintained the highest efficiency and power density which allowed unheard of size and cost reductions. We are witnessing some fantastic customer reactions, which have resulted in a great deal of early design wins particularly in USB-PD applications.
Silanna incorporated internal and external Resistor Divider flexibility for custom design support. The SZPL3102 Includes a momentary internal FB Resistor Divider that allows time for some PD controllers to power up and take smooth control. The SZPL3103 allows for an external FB Resistor divider for stand-alone operation and co-operation with other USB port controllers using an external divider network.
Key applications include:
- USB-PD and fast charging power adapters
- High power density DC/DC power supplies
- High efficiency power adapters
- Battery chargers for mobile devices