Ultrakompakt LTE-M/NB-IoT konnektivitets-løsning
Skyworks og Sequans præsenter LTE-M/NB-IoT løsning baseret på førstnævntes RF front-end og sidstnævntes Monarch LTE platform (in english).Skyworks Solutions and Sequans Communications S.A., maker of the world’s most highly-optimized LTE-M/NB-IoT chip for the Internet of Things (IoT), have built upon their successful multi-year collaboration to deliver the smallest, turnkey connectivity engine for next generation LTE devices that can operate globally.
Specifically, the new solution combines Skyworks’ industry-leading front-ends with Sequans’ advanced Monarch LTE-M/NB-IoT platform to create an all-in-one design that is compliant with Release 13/14 of the 3GPP LTE standard. The single SKU device simplifies the design process, shortens development time and significantly accelerates the launch of numerous space-constrained IoT products such as sensors, trackers and wearables, where the size is extremely important.
- Through our collaboration with Skyworks, we have created one of the most critical LTE engines for IoT available in the world today, says Georges Karam, Sequans CEO.
- Our comprehensive and powerful module incorporates every major component needed to enable the widespread deployment of LTE devices on any band, in an extremely small and thin package. This new form factor represents a truly ground-breaking architecture for a broad range of applications.
- Skyworks’ partnership with an industry leader like Sequans allows us to fully optimize our innovative wireless engines, advanced packaging and system level expertise for emerging IoT markets, says John O’Neill, Skyworks’ vice president of marketing.
- For our worldwide customers, it means smaller and simplified designs, accelerated carrier certifications and a much faster time to market.
The solution has been pre-certified with leading operators through existing certifications of Sequans’ Monarch platform, making it the most advanced offering available today.
- This is an exciting product for IoT device designers, especially for wearable IoT devices in need of compact solutions, says Cameron Coursey, vice president of AT&T’s Internet of Things Solutions.
- The Sequans/Skyworks platform brings together the technologies of two industry leaders to give AT&T’s IoT customers a total solution for launching their IoT devices on AT&T’s network as quickly as possible.
The feature-rich product includes an integrated baseband, SRAM, RF transceiver, RF front-end, passives and power management in a single 8.8 x 10.8 x 0.95 mm package with proprietary RF shielding. It is compliant with 3GPP Release 13/14 LTE Advanced Pro specifications, including VoLTE support, is optimized for LTE UE categories M1, NB1, and NB2 and operates across broad frequency ranges (700 MHz to 2.1 GHz) to support global deployment and roaming capability. Proprietary power management techniques offer improved battery life.