Samarbejde om opbygning af digitale cockpits i elektriske biler
AMD og ECARX har indgået samarbejde om at udvikle en computing-platform til brug i forbindelse med opbygning af digitale cockpits til den næste generation af elektriske biler (in english).AMD has announced a strategic collaboration with ECARX, a global mobility tech company. The companies will work together on an in-vehicle computing platform for next-generation electric vehicles (EVs), expected to be in mass production for global rollout in late 2023. The ECARX digital cockpit will be the first in-vehicle platform to be offered with AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000 processors and AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series GPUs along with ECARX hardware and software.
Combining the extensive experience in automotive digital cockpit design of ECARX with AMD advanced computing power and stunning visual graphic rendering capabilities, the companies aim to deliver an innovative in-car experience. The digital cockpit will launch with advanced features including driver information mode, heads-up display, rear seat entertainment, multiple-displays, multi-zone voice recognition, high-end gaming and a full 3D user experience.
- As car companies seek to deliver immersive experiences and intelligent features for their next-generation electric vehicles, the AMD-powered ECARX digital cockpit will address these needs for the global automotive market, says Rajneesh Gaur, corporate vice president and general manager, Embedded Business, AMD.
- We are excited to work with ECARX as our first strategic ecosystem partner in China for the digital cockpit using our Ryzen Embedded V2000 processers and Radeon RX 6000 Series GPUs.
- The global automotive industry is transforming towards an intelligent future at an unprecedented pace with demand for computing power and graphics capabilities rapidly increasing, adds Ziyu Shen, Chairman and CEO of ECARX.
- With this collaboration, we will further enable OEMs and tier 1 suppliers to enhance their digital cockpit experiences as they seek to create greater consumer value through intelligent connected cars.
The automotive EV market, as well as the technology required to support it, represents an unprecedented growth opportunity in the years ahead according to analyst firm, Strategy Analytics.
- EV adoption is now a key underlying factor for growth in the automotive semiconductor market and the associated semiconductor demand is forecast to grow at a CAAGR of 31% over 2021 - 2026, says Asif Anwar, executive director – PBCS and EVS, Strategy Analytics.
- The EV revolution is here, with next-generation EV platforms at the leading edge of domain- and zonal-based architecture driving adoption of the digital cockpit, ADAS and the connected vehicle.